Thursday, December 15, 2011

Merry F***ing Christmas.

Oh Christmas, where do I start? Through my naive, child eyes this Holiday seemed perfect. Boy, was I wrong. How did a day that's supposed to be about love and family get so completely fucked? 
 
This whole Merry Christmas/Happy Holidays thing really pisses me off. And before you start saying "I know, how dare they tell us we can't say Merry Christmas!" let me tell you, that you're an idiot. Most of you aren't even Christian, why the hell do you care. Even if you are I'm pretty sure people aren't going to forget it's Christmas just 'cause the clerk at Walmart says Happy Holidays. But let's just use it as a reason to get pissed off and call people assholes, after all that's the true spirit of Christmas right? How dare people have their own beliefs! 

The people who ARE religious that freak out about this are my least favorite kind of assholes though. Seriously people? How about you look down at that WWJD bracelet you're wearing and ask yourself if Jesus would be a raving jackass at Christmas. 

We also have those people who do nothing but whine about how commercial Christmas has become. I've never seen any of you doing anything to change this. Are you volunteering at soup kitchens? Making you family do homemade gifts or no gifts at all? No, you're not. You're at the mall spending hundreds of dollars on things your loved ones will never use just like everyone else. But, you continue to bitch and complain because once again that's the true meaning of Christmas. 

With this all being said I'm going to enjoy my holiday season. I'll give my daughter the present she asked Santa for, I'll have food and drinks with the people I love, and I'll toast to all the bitter assholes out there who just don't get it. Merry fucking Christmas folks! 

No comments:

Post a Comment